Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Let God and the Spirit move you.



Ok let me feel you in on how Synergy went last night. Freaking Awesome! We had a great turnout. In fact we had 5 more new people that have never attend our group before, one of which was from Sac Town (Sacramento) and then another girl that came once last year early on came again last night and I think will be continuing to come. We were still missing a bunch of our regulars, but that is to be expected, because it sometimes takes a week or two for students to get back into the swing of things. I thank you for your prayers. I spoke on Eleazar and the battle he had a Pas Dammim which was the same place where David fought Goliath. If you want to read about the story a bit it is in 2 Samuel Chapter 23:9-10. The lesson went very well. As I stepped out of the way God and the Holy Spirit took control. Those nights are the best ones. Well we also pray every Thursday morning at 7am on campus. I encouraged everyone there last night to come to the first one because during the year there is like five or six of us so it will be cool to see what the turnout is. Well thank you again for your prayers. I am off to read the Word! God Bless!

5 comments:

phillycheese said...

it's so cool to see this class in it's new and progressing form. i'm amazed at how far you have taken it from the time that we did our thing on campus. (nothing like the last-minute lesson). i will make it a priority to come to a meeting when i'm out there in march. dude, just think about how far we've come since high school. did you ever think either of us would turn out like we have? amazing. i'm so glad you are a part of our family. miss ya bro.

Rich Smith said...

Philly,
I can't say that I did ever invision where I am at today and what I am doing... To be honest with you I thought I would be living in the Bay area married to you... Where did I go wrong??? Don't run away from your feelings!!

Meg said...

I don't like ketchup on my fries either...I prefer special sauce (a wonderful relative of ketchup). Actually the truth be told, I am pretty much a ketchup girl only when it comes to tacos, hot dogs, and hamburgers...have a splended weekend!

SPARKY said...

i'm so proud of you babe. i too can't believe all this is happening w/synergy. it always takes time for the good stuff right? thank you Lord and please don't let us get big in the head. keep our focus on you and your ways.

SPARKY said...

hey babe...time for a new post. you can't let it go for longer than a week. total blogging faux pas :o)