Sunday, June 8, 2008

Butterfly kisses


I almost forgot... Yesterday I was hosing out the garage as I do every week, and I saw this huge yellow monarch butterfly. Now I don't know where you are from, but I use to remember when I was a kid seeing butterflies all the time. I just realized at that time that it is so rare for me to see butterflies anymore. I actually found myself just standing there outside the garage watching this massive yellow insect float and flutter around in the sun for nearly 5 minutes. I have a side to me that always enjoys thinking back to the old days yes I said it the old days of being a kid. Just thought I would share a bit of happiness with you all.

3 comments:

Matt said...

That is very true, living in the city you often miss what nature has in store. Remember running through the vacant lot next door, and getting attacked by grasshoppers?

Rich Smith said...

Oh my gosh I remember that! You might not remember the house on Virginia, but there was a home down the road from us and Rob and I use to catch them with gloves on and then put them into a jerky container. I bet if we would of laid down in that field they probably would have carried us off or eaten us there!

SPARKY said...

that there's called "reminessing" (if i knew how to spell it itd be even better)