Thursday, December 21, 2006

My huntin partner!

Well today was probably the last day that I will go hunting in '06. Well my new pup "Husker" is now about 7-8 months old, and it has been a interesting year. It is hard to really expect to much out of him, since I have never had a Pointer before, and I don't really know how to teach him. Well we saw around 400 phesants this year and I shot a total of 2 and did not find either of the downed birds. Oh well, it was an experience in itself. I am going to get Husker some training either this spring or early summer and by next fall the birds won't know what hit them!

1 comment:

Tadd Grandstaff said...

Im diggin the pointer...I forgot you were a hunter....I only got out twice this year. Of course my dad the buckmaster shot 3 already and all 3 were bucks...Yeah I hate him.

Last year was the first time he had hunted in about 4 years since the big hunting accident in our family. His first day out he shot a 12 point monster.

So, he went out 2 days later and bagged a 10 pointer...those were the only 2 days he hunted all season! HATE HIM!