Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baby Girl!



Well it has been sometime since I have posted and figure now would be a good time. For those of you that still do not know we found out the sex of the new baby last week. We are excited to announce that we will be having a little girl. This came as such a surprise to me. I thought for sure we would have another boy. When Steph and I talked about it she asked me if I was excited to have lil girl? I told her that I was excited and nervous all at the same time. She said did you really think we would have another boy... well ofcourse I did. She then asked me did you think you would have all boys? I simply told her "uhh yeah I am a boy". She looked at me strangely and said seriously? I told her that I did in fact think we would have all boys simply because I was a boy and figured that this is what I made... boys. So you can understand now how shocked I was to find out we were having a girl. I have since asked myself how am I going to do this? You see since I am a boy it makes it alot easier on me having boys. I know how the plumbing works with boys, I know how they think, why they spit, why they scratch etc.. I have been a boy for 33 years now so it comes second nature in raising a boy for the most part. Ok now let me tell you what I know about woman... they smell nice, usually have long hair.........................................................................................................................................................

................................................................................................................................................................

................................................................................................................................................................

did I mention they smell nice? Seriously I don't completly understand what to expect.

I do know that I am extremely excited to have a little girl and decided I better get back into the gym and start pumping iron again for that day when the guys start coming to call on her. I wonder how I will handle that with my lil girl's first date... I think of things like this and get nervous, scared, excited, nervous, happy, nervous, happy, nervous. I can't wait to see her and hold her! I am very excited for Rykon to have a new sister and to show the ropes to. I think he will be a great big brother, and will really enjoy having someone else in the house. So I guess that raps up my thoughts for the day. Till we post again. Here's to you Lil' Baby Girl!

Love Daddy

3 comments:

Alisha Beverly said...

You are going to be such a great daddy to your little girl. She's gonna have you wrapped around her little finger. I can see it now...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys!

Dionna said...

Awww. Let me tell you that dads and daughters have such a special, strong bond. She may be all pink and girlie or she may be a tomboy who loves to go hunting with her dad. Whatever way God designs her, your heart will be softer and more tender because of the gift of her to your life.
Daughters are AWESOME. And you'll love it. :)

SPARKY said...

dionna and alisha are so right. you are gonna be a great dad, as you already are, and the dynamic between you two will be a bond that is unbreakable. don't worry, i'll hold your hand and guide you through it all. you think YOU are nervous, i am a girl...all the more reason for me to be nervous, i know what's coming! she's gonna be great. and yes, she'll smell nice (unless she has my genes :O) but let's keep that lil secret just between us!