Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Honey anyone?





Some of you may know or some of you may not know that I have honey bees in the backyard. This is a hobby of sorts that I got introduced to by my Pops when I was a kid. We had a bunch of honey on the combs inside the hive and I was outside with Rykon a week ago and I decided to take some out and let the boy experience a new thing. Steph got these great pics for us to share. Now how many people can say that they have actually eaten honey right out of the hive? This was something I was glad to let Rykon try. As you can see the boy enjoyed it to the point that we had to strip his clothes off and into the shower with dad. It was fun watching his face light up each time he grabbed another fistfull of honey and jam it into his mouth.
Oh Beehave!


5 comments:

Alisha Beverly said...

That is awesome! When I was there last Tuesday I was watching all the bees come and go out of the hives and I was going to ask you how that was going. So I'm glad to hear you got some scrumptous honey out of it all!

And Rykon had his hat on for the whole thing!

Matt said...

Where is the pictures of dad out there with no shirt and JD hat on?

Looks like Rykon is getting pretty big, see you guys in a few weeks.

SPARKY said...

honey (no pun intended), that was a cute post. glad you put up the pics. it was so fun to see him gobble that sweet nectar of the gods :O) it really is good isn't it?
i'm glad i'm married to a "farmer" at heart

Jen said...

those pictures are adorable. you've had those hives for years now and i've still yet to taste the honey. hmmmmmm

kitkat said...

Great pics! I forget you guys have bees. I can't wait to try some fresh honey one of these days.